Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
BOMA Oakland East Bay:
As an industry and as an association located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we at BOMA OEB are fortunate to have colleagues representing various demographics and experiences. Hatred has no place in BOMA Oakland/East Bay and we unequivocally condemn racism, sexism and ableism in all their forms. Ours is a diverse and inclusive group but we understand that there is more work we can do to dismantle systemic racism and unlearned bias. We are committed to doing that work. Our list of fundraisers and organizations aimed at supporting and healing portions of our local community that have been especially impacted by the recent turn of events. As we execute our mission to serve the local commercial real estate industry, we will continue to share educational resources and opportunities to best serve the community at large.
- Havard Business Review: How to Recruit More Women to Your Company
- Forbes: A Rise in Invisible Disabilities Calls for Corporate Culture Change
- Buiness Insider: "4 Steps D&I Consultants Recommend for hiring more Black and Brown employees — and keeping them long term"
- Harvard Business Review: How to Call Out Racial Injustice at Work
- Risha Grant's Book "That's BS! The Book"
- NPR's "Code Switch": Code Switch tackles the subject of race head-on, exploring how it impacts every part of society — from politics and pop culture to history and sports.
- This American Life's "Nice White Parents": A short series regarding racial segregation in education in the 21st century.
- "Identity Politics": In this show, co-hosts Ikhlas Saleem and Makkah Ali talk about race, gender, and Muslim life in the United States.
- Get Rid of the BS: Risha Grant's Diversity Presentation to California BOMAs
- TEDx Talk The Cost of Failing to Design Accessibility by Kings Floyd
- Bias Interrupters: Identifying Bias in Performance Evaluations (and ways to interrupt them)