Assistant Property Manager
Sierra Pacific Properties is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Property Manager at our Class A Office Complex located in Concord. The project consists of two 10 story office buildings with approximately 610,000 rentable square feet. The position requires two - three years past experience as an Assistant Manager responsible for a wide range of building operating activities. Sierra Pacific Properties developed the property in1986/1988 and continues to hold the property as a long term investment. Sierra Pacific Properties, Inc., is a developer, owner and operator of institutional grade office buildings, business parks, shopping centers and multi-family residential communities, located primarily in Contra Costa and Solano Counties in northern California. SPPI is privately owned by the Seeno family, Seeno Homes, with a long-term hold perspective. Being privately held and headquartered in Concord, California, within minutes of many of our major holdings, we are able to react quickly and efficiently to market conditions and trends. Decision making is swift, agile and accessible, enabling us to out-perform many of our publicly-held competitors. Our principals take an active role in major transactions and company guidance.
Assistant Property Manager
||Sierra Pacific Properties
|Posting Start Date:
||Sierra Pacific Properties, Inc.
Job Title: Assistant Property Manager
Summary: To assist the Property Manager in the operation of the Property and to provide quality service to maintain the Property with the goal to maximize Company revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists Property Manager manage both maintenance and capital projects.
- Work with the Property Manager to coordinate tenant improvement and capital projects
- Assists in the management of maintenance staff, vendors and other personnel.
- Solicits new vendor services and bids contractors when appropriate.
- Reports accidents and emergency situations to the Property Manager immediately and prepares incident reports.
- Initiate and execute day-to-day operational procedures which include: financial, safety, risk management, efficiency, filing, maintenance programs, ect.
- Maintain vendor contracts and assist in preparing bid packages.
- Reviews, abstracts and lease provisions, maintains lease summaries, commencement agreements and rent rolls, coordinates tenant billings, rent collection, and oversees miscellaneous tenant billings
- Assist Property Manager with the preparation of the annual operating/capital budgeting and monthly variance analysis.
- Assist Property Manager in all facets of building operations including life safety issues, incident reports, and insurance claims.
- Assist in managing the work order system by preparing weekly summaries.
- Oversee and contact vendors to schedule work .
- Perform property inspections as necessary.
- Prepare move-ins/move-outs as required.
- Provide back-up for answering property management calls, as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining insurance certificate compliance for tenants and contractors.
- Prepare, submit and review Service Contracts and Purchase Orders for all contractors hired to perform work on the properties in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist the Property Manager with variance reporting.
- Code accounts payable invoices as needed.
- Assist in maintaining all tenant, vendor, payable and receivable files.
- Assist in maintaining and distributing all tenant contact information including emergency contact information.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines. Ability to manage priorities and work flow.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management, co-workers, vendors and the general public.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- At least three years of property management experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Yardi property management/accounting software preferred.
- Possess intermediate Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Confident, positive attitude.
- Ability to think clearly and logically under pressure.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. They include moving through the main office, lifting and carrying files and paperwork, bending to open and close file drawers, attending office functions, using a computer, and using a phone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License.
- RPA or CPM designation in progress preferred.
- California Real Estate License preferred.
Work Environment: The position requires extended periods in a professional office setting.
||This listing expires on: 3/26/2021