Start Date: 9/7/2023 3:00 PM PDT
End Date: 9/7/2023 5:30 PM PDT
Venue Name: Center 21 Location:
2101 Webster St - Conference Center
Oakland, CA United States 94612
BOMA Oakland/East Bay
Backpack to Briefcase: CAM'S 2.0
Does CAM mean “Confused and Maddening” to you? This course is a must for any commercial property professional who is involved in reconciling tenant’s shares of taxes, insurance, and other operating expenses. From segregation of operating expenses into CAM and non-CAM to determining and billing each tenant’s share of such expenses. We will cover tips and best practices that make this process understandable and non-intimidating.
Emerging Professionals looking to expand their knowledge about the CAM process or for best practices.
- Participants will understand how to segregate CAM and Non-CAM expenses.
- Participants will understand the specific steps involved in reconciling a tenant’s share of CAM.
- Participants will learn tips and best practices ford CAM reconciliation.
2:45 PM: Check-in
3:00-4:10 PM: Presentation with speakers
4:10 - 4:30 PM: Questions and Discussion
4:30-5:30 pm Networking - Parlour Oakland
Kelly Lynch has worked in the commercial real estate industry for over 20 years. She currently is the Vice President of Northern California Operations for Overton Moore Properties where she oversees all operations for their Northern California industrial portfolio. Prior to joining Overton Moore Properties, Kelly was a General Manager with Cushman & Wakefield in the San Francisco Bay Area where she was responsible for overseeing a portfolio of approx. 3 million square feet of commercial property, including office, industrial, retail, and mixed use for clients such as New York Life, UBS, and Clarion.
Kelly’s deep knowledge of property operations and financial reporting, along with her honest and direct approach to managing both her teams and properties, has helped her build a reputation of trust and integrity in the industry. In partnership with ownership, she helps identify opportunities for more efficient operational processes to help achieve investment goals. Kelly also enjoys working with emerging professionals to share her experience and knowledge to help support the next generation of commercial industry leaders.
- California Real Estate Salespersons License
- Executive Board Past President, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Oakland/East Bay
- Commercial Real Estate Alliance for Tomorrow’s Employees (CREATE) program instructor at both San Francisco State University and Merritt College
- BOMA Oakland/East Bay Outstanding Principal Member of the Year 2017
- BOMA Oakland/East Bay Emergency Preparedness Committee Founding Chair 2014 -2017
Nicole is currently an Associate Director with Cushman & Wakefield overseeing a large portfolio which includes over 9M sqft of commercial office, industrial and retail space around the Bay Area. Nicole is responsible for the oversight and management of the corresponding teams for these portfolios along with contributing to the Northern California leadership team.
Prior to her tole as Associate Director, Nicole was part of the management team for multiple prominent high-rise towers in San Francisco and Oakland.
Nicole has always had a drive for learning and continuing her education. After making the decision to complete graduate school for her MBA, Nicole made the switch to Commercial Real Estate, where she quickly developed a passion for the industry. Her strengths include financial analysis, strategic management, and leadership.
She is an active member of multiple industry associations and currently serves as the BOMA OEB Board Vice President.
- BOMA Oakland/East Bay – 2023 Board Vice President, Board of Director Member since 2020
- Oakland Uptown Business District – 2023 Board Treasurer, Board of Directors Member since 2019
- CREATE – 2023 Board Member
- Board Member for Urban University (an Oakland, CA based non-profit that supports job training and placement for low-income single mothers)
- Master of Business Administration, California State University Long Beach
- Bachelor’s degree in business marketing, DePaul University