Start Date: 11/5/2020 12:00 AM PST
End Date: 12/21/2020 6:00 PM PST
Help make a child smile this holiday season!
Support BOMA Oakland East Bay’s Virtual Toy Drive benefiting the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland and Shelter Inc, organizations we have supported for over 25 years. Currently, the hospital and shelter cannot accept in-person toy donations due to COVID-19 visitor restrictions, but we can still help bring the holiday spirit to patients and families. To replace the toy barrels normally placed in the lobby of member buildings, we now have a virtual way to get toys and money in the hands of children and families who need it more than ever.
Here are the ways we can help:
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital:
1. Shop off 2 Amazon Wish lists for departments with the greatest need and have the items sent directly to the hospital.
· BOMA's Wish List for UCF Benioff Children's Hospital (Social Services)
· BOMA's Wish List for UCF Benioff Children's Hospital (Child Life)
2. Donate or Raise money for the Project Cheer Virtual Toy Drive. Visit our Team page: https://givingtogether.ucsf.edu/team/328542
· Donate to the BOMA OEB’s Holiday Squad team page
· Join the Team – each building member can create their own team for their building and share the link with tenants and team members. Here you can track the results – a great alternative to seeing how full your toy bin is! Just be sure to select Join Team off the BOMA OEB’s Holiday Squad team page, link above.
The Project Cheer Virtual Toy Drive will stay open until mid-January 2021. Funds raised through this campaign will allow the hospital staff to purchase toys for kids who are in the hospital for the holidays. We include patients and their siblings, so parents have one less worry in difficult times. It costs an average of $50 to provide presents for each family and your donations will go directly toward purchasing these gifts.
At SHELTER, Inc. we believe everyone deserves a home for the holidays. This holiday season help us create a warm and memorable celebration for low-income families by adopting a family! We have over 500 families that need your help.
We have individuals, as well as small and large families in need, we are asking for 2 to 3 gifts per person from their Wishlist. Visit https://www.roonga.com/shelterinc to see the list of individual and families in need and to learn more. The campaign goes through December 14, 2020.
There are so many ways for you to brighten someone’s Holiday Season this year. Whether you wish to donate money, purchase gifts and ship or shop, wrap and deliver – there is an option here for everyone. The need for help is so great this year, let us continue to open our hearts as we have in years past. Thank you for your participation and bringing joy this holiday season!