PG&E Business Programs
Pacific Gas and Electric Company’s (PG&E) energy management experts are ready to help your organization meet today’s energy challenges. Energy use is the single largest operating expense in commercial office buildings, often representing one-third of most companies’ operating budget. Commercial buildings account for almost 20 percent of the nation's annual greenhouse gas emissions.
In 2010, PG&E paid more than $116 million in program incentives to business customers, resulting in annual energy savings of 965 million kWh and 27 million therms.
A significant portion of your facility’s financial success depends on reducing controllable costs. PG&E offers many programs and services that can help you use energy more efficiently, maximize the return on your investments, improve net operating income, and increase building asset value and balance out your carbon footprint. PG&E can also provide technical and financial assistance to help your building achieve LEED certification.
Energy Management Programs and Services for Office Buildings
PG&E can help your business manage energy usage and reduce costs through a variety of services and programs.
• Pricing Plans- Find one to match your energy usage patterns
• Rebate & Incentive Programs- Get paid to replace equipment with qualified energy-efficient products and systems.
• Energy Audits- Qualified experts will determine your optimal energy savings plan.
• Automated Benchmarking Service (ABS)- Measure and track energy performance.
• LEED Assistance- Assistance achieving Energy credits in LEED certification process.
• Demand Response- Incentives for voluntary load reduction during peak demand periods.
• Solar and Self-Generation- Rebates for the installation of photovoltaic, wind, fuel cell and other generation systems.
• Workshops/ Seminars- Free education forums to help customers understand new technologies and PG&E programs.
For more information on how PG&E can help your office building manage energy consumption and reduce costs, visit www.pge.com/officebuildings. You can also contact your local PG&E representative or call the PG&E Business Customer Service Center at 1.800.468.4743.
PG&E also provides free educational programs for green building, energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy professionals. Over 280 classes will be offered at the Pacific Energy Center in San Francisco, the Energy Training Center in Stockton, and at various other locations throughout the PG&E service territory. Please visit www.pge.com/energyclasses to learn more.