CMCP Exam Scholarship - Due April 1
BOMA Oakland/East Bay is pleased to announce a scholarship for the Certified Manager of Commercial Properties™ (CMCP™). The scholarship will pay the $675 application fee, which includes the handbook and test. You must be a BOMA Oakland/East Bay member to apply for this scholarship.The new Certified Manager of Commercial Properties™ (CMCP™), a certification designed for early-career property professionals who are looking to validate their industry knowledge and take their careers in commercial real estate to the next level.
As the only certification of its kind in the industry, the CMCP instantly communicates your ability to be an effective commercial property manager and your strong understanding of the responsibilities of the role. Earning the CMCP certification is the first step in building a successful career in commercial real estate.
- Offers recognition early in one's career (typically 1–5 years of experience)
- Validates foundational knowledge in key areas of property management
- Evaluates readiness for additional training, responsibilities and career advancement
- Quickly assists employers with on-boarding new property managers and assessing industry knowledge and career potential
- Backed by BOMA and BOMI Certification, Inc., the leaders in commercial real estate education and training
Testing Eligibility Requirements
- Four-year degree and 1 year of property management experience, or
- Two-year degree and 2 years of property management experience, or
- No degree and 4 years of property management experience, and
- 30 hours of verifiable education in commercial property management
- Exams offered at multiple testing centers throughout the U.S.
- Exam questions reflect body of knowledge for property management developed through market research and a Job Task Analysis conducted by BOMA and BOMI
Scholarship Application Procedures:
Please submit the following in PDF format to BOMA Oakland/East Bay no later than April 1. Please combine all documents into one PDF:
1. Cover letter (no more than 2 pages) that includes your full name and contact information and the following information:
a. Why you are interested in the scholarship and confirmation that you meet the eligibility requirements for the testing
b. Brief description of your career goals
2. Letter of recommendation from your employer (no more than 1 page) confirming that you meet the requirements of the testing (see eligibility below) and explaining why you are being recommended for the scholarship.
3. Letter of recommendation from a BOMA OEB member (no more than 1 page) explaining why you are being recommended for the scholarship.
4. Copy of your resume, including education, LinkedIn URL, and work history.
The PDF packet should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be received no later than April 1. The applications will be reviewed, and winners will be announced by May 1.
Learn more about the CMCP certificate information at www.CRECI.org.
The CMCP certification is administered by the Commercial Real Estate Certification Institute (CRECI), an independent certification institute created by BOMA International and BOMI Certification, Inc.