CA Department of Real Estate: Call for Subject Matter Experts
PSI and the California Department of Real Estate (DRE) are recruiting real estate and mortgage licensees to assist with writing new questions for the Salesperson and Broker licensure examinations.We are looking for Salespersons and Brokers to serve as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the following specialty areas:
|· Mortgage Loan Origination
· Commercial Sales
· Commercial Property Management
· Residential Property Management
· New Home Sales/Subdivisions
· Broker Controlled Escrows/Trust Funds
Participant Requirements:To participate, all licensees must:
- Currently be active in California Real Estate (Licensee, Appraiser, Property Manager, Mortgage/Loans Officer, Subdivider)
- Be in good standing with the Department of Real Estate.
- Due to potential conflict of interest, undue influence, and security considerations, real estate and mortgage educators and instructors shall not serve as SMEs for, nor participate in, any aspect of licensure examination development or administration, pursuant to DRE/DCA Policy OPES 18-01.
- Agree to and sign DRE's Confidentiality Agreement that states licensees cannot apply for a real estate examination for a period of one year following their last duty as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). This means Salesperson's will be ineligible to take the Broker exam for a period of one year following their last duty as a SME.
Schedule, Compensation, and Benefits:PSI will provide compensation for participation in online (virtual) workshops and question item writing:
· Item Writing: Nov ~ Dec 2021
o Item Writing Training - PSI will schedule at least one item writing training virtually. SME's will be paid an honorarium to attend training.
o Item Writing needs:
· Group 1: Need SMEs to rework current items that previous SME have identified with gaps
· Group 2: Need SMEs to write new items to cover new topics
- Item Writing Pay:
· Group 2: $15/item for newly written items
· Additional Item Review: Jan 2022
o PSI will review 250 items which are either reworked or newly written virtually
o Tentative # of workshops: 5 ~ 8
o SME Honorarium to be paid by PSI (at standard of $100 per workshop)
If you are interested in participating in the question/item writing process, please reply to this email and we will pass your contact information onto PSI. Please include the following information in your reply:
1. What is your specialty area?
2. What is the legal name on your real estate license?
3. What is your license number?
4. Which city is your practice located?
5. What is the best phone number to reach you?
If you are approved to participate, PSI will contact you and send you further details through email. Sometimes PSIs emails go into SPAM. Please make sure you check your SPAM folder after they've contacted you.
Licensees who are not approved to participate will not be contacted by PSI.
We greatly appreciate your interest in the question/item writing process and look forward to working with you in the future.
Associate Governmental Program Analyst
Licensing – Exam Administration & Development Unit
California Department of Real Estate
1651 Exposition Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95815
Direct (916) 576-5388 | Fax (916) 263-8758