Five BOMA Board Positions Open: Apply Today
- By: admin
- On: 08/05/2021 16:51:19
- In: BOMA Updates
- Comments: 0
Service on the Board of Directors of BOMA Oakland/East Bay represents a rare and valuable opportunity to lead the organization into the future and help shape our industry. Board service is both challenging and rewarding and offers a chance to develop leadership skills, gain unique experience and drive the strategic vision of BOMA. Don't pass on the opportunity to help lead your professional association by applying today!
Over the last few years, your Board has been evaluating the nomination process and has worked to make it more transparent to all members. Here are some of the key things we've been doing:
- Annually evaluating the current board in terms of knowledge, skills, and abilities in order to identify needs for future boards.
- Continuing our refinement of the process and prepared some visuals for our members to understand the steps and timing.
- Revamping of our annual meeting and vote to improve the recognition of our volunteers, partners, and board.
- Developing focused criteria of needs for future boards:
- For 2022, the Board is looking for applications to continue improving the diversity of the board in terms of demographics, job role (engineers, PM's, etc), experience in the Commercial Real Estate industry, work experience, and type of employer.
Applications will be evaluated based upon the above criteria as well as the applicant's demonstrated leadership skills; commitment to diversity and inclusion; strategic thinking; vision; and history of contributions to BOMA Oakland/East Bay. Please review the BOMA OEB Board of Director's position description and expectations.
There have been no comments made on this article. Why not be the first and add your own comment using the form below.
Leave a comment
Commenting is restricted to members only. Please login now to submit a comment.