For almost 100 years, BOMA International has set the standard for measuring buildings. In 1915, BOMA first published the Standard Method of Floor Measurement for Office Buildings, an accepted and approved methodology by the American National Standards Institute. Throughout the years, the standard has been revised to reflect the changing needs of the real estate market and the evolution of office building design. Today, BOMA International is the secretariat of a suite of measurement standards.
- Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA Z65.1 – 2010)
- Gross Areas of a Building: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA Z65.3 – 2009)
- Industrial Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA Z65.2–2009)
- Multi-Unit Residential Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA Z65.4-2010)
- Retail Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement E-Book (ANSI/BOMA Z65.5-2010)
- Mixed Use Properties: Standard Methods of Measurement 2011
- eLearning Course
Review BOMA's 26 Key Questions about the standards.
Visit boma.org for more information on how to order, find training and the contact information for
BOMA International Official Standards Interpreters.