The advancement of skills or expertise to succeed in a particular profession, especially through continued education; Refers to the skills and knowledge attained for both personal development and career advancement.
Designation - [dez-ig-ney-shuhn] - the act of designating (to mark or point out; indicate; show; specify)
Educational Programming is just one of the many benefits offered to BOMA Oakland/East Bay Members. Designations and Certificates ensure that property and facility professionals have the critical knowledge and skills needed for personal and organizational success. Surveys have shown that individuals with a designation and/or certificate are not only more likely to receive higher consideration for a position, but can also earn a higher salary. They have already proven their skill set to employers.
Benefits to You: Our consistent, high-quality educational programs add significant value to the industry by increasing teamwork, efficiency, client satisfaction, cost savings, and safety. Here are some of the highlights:
- Graduates are more confident and able to take on additional job responsibilities, increasing productivity and reducing cost per employee
- Decrease maintenance expenses by 1% to over 10%*
- Increase bottom-line results and the pace at which business goals are reached*
- Better position the organization for success and gain recognition *
- Increase your earning potential by enhancing career opportunities and prestige
- Gain undergraduate credit from top colleges and universities by completing BOMI International courses
- Earn LEED continuing education credits with an approved USGBC Education Provider
* Results from an internal 2009 survey of graduates and a 2010 survey of corporate clients.
Download: BOMI's Real Property And Facilities Management Administrator Requirements